The nutritional composition of food, an essential factor in a balanced diet, is a key requirement of consumers and food manufacturers.
Our laboratory plays a major role in checking the nutritional composition of food products through the services which our laboratory offers to our customers.
Services offered by CARSO
CARSO is able to offer the following analyses in its laboratories:
- Carbohydrates (starch, sugars, polyols etc.)
- Fats (saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, trans, omega 3 and 6 fatty acids etc.)
- Total, soluble, insoluble dietary fibre etc.
- Water-soluble and fat-soluble vitamins
- Organic acids
- Alcoholic strengh
- Additives (preservatives, sweeteners, flavour enhancers, humectants etc.)
for the monitoring of compliance with the regulations and with product specifications
Thanks to our comprehensive services, we can assess the nutritional composition of any food type in accordance with the regulations:
- Those covered by the INCO regulation 1169/2011 (proteins, fats of which saturated and trans fatty acids, carbohydrates of which sugars, fibre, salt and energy value) which provides for the mandatory display of nutritional information from 13/12/2016.
- Those covered by other countries’ nutritional statements: proteins, fats of which saturated and trans fatty acids, carbohydrates of which sugars, fibre, sodium, calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, cholesterol, and energy value.
Our expertise is available for checking the labelling under the new INCO regulations.
Our expert engineers are always available to help in the interpretation of results or to give advice on the choice of analyses; for a particular inspection plan, to conform with regulatory requirements or to meet a specific request.