CARSO provides analyses using PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) technology to detect the main pathogenic microorganisms, based on their DNA presence.
The PCR technology presents significant benefits for the specific detection of pathogenic microorganisms.
- – A perfect detection of the investigated germ, based on the its DNA presence in the sample.
- – A rapid analysis within a few hours
- – A more reliable analysis in case of interfering substances in the sample
Many germs can be analysed using PCR technology, including:
- – Escherichia coli O157:H7
- – E. coli VTEC (O157:H7, O145, O111, O103, O26…)
- – Listeria monocytogenes and spp.
- – Salmonella spp.
- – Enterovirus
- – Rotavirus
- – Norovirus
- – Hepatitis A virus
- – Hepatitis E virus
- – Astrovirus
- – Adenovirus
- – …..
Most detection methods by PCR proposed by CARSO are accredited.